We tackle child abuse by:
- Teaching parents to be nurturing because children need to know that they are special, loved, and capable of following their dreams;
- Practicing an altruistic and reciprocal approach – Help yourself – take care of your own children, Help a friend – take care of others’ children, & Help a neighbor take care of his/her child in his/her absence;
- Getting involved as community leaders, clergy, library, and schools to develop services to meet the needs of healthy children and families;
- Help to develop parenting resources at designated libraries within our area of operation (Montserrado, Margibi, Bomi, Bong, Grand Bassa, and Grand Cape Mount Counties);
- Promoting programs in schools (Montserrado, Margibi, Bomi, Bong, and Grand Cape Mount Counties) by teaching children about parents and teachers prevention strategies and how it can help to keep them (children) safe. Also telling parents to constantly monitor their children in regards to what they watch on Television, types of games they play, as well as their browsing history (phones and computers) because, children can be affected by violent films (TV programs, video games, and etc.).
Thank you for supporting our program: